Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Milestones and GOOD NEWS!!

Today I found out my best friend is getting married!!!!!!! I am so so so so happy for her and I'm looking forward to seeing my beautiful friend looking fabulous in white! The day started off kind of lame and I felt really down. But the news of Andi's engagement brightened my day :D 

I went for a walk this morning and it felt wonderful. Why am I trying to run when I feel much better briskly walking for an hour instead?? Viv made a good point today at our appointment. I need to listen to my body. If it's not ready to run more than three miles at a time, it's just not ready! I have this idea in my head of what my body SHOULD be doing and how it SHOULD look, but I never think to actually ask my body. Even if it's kicking and screaming at me, I tend to ignore it and actually get angry at it when it's not complying with my ideas.

I was weighed in at Vivs. I'm half a pound shy of my weight at my first doctor's appointment post-treatment. Dang. I don't really know what to think about that. I'm okay with it I guess. I'm not really feeling much of anything but acceptance. Yes, I'd prefer to weigh less, but whatever. I'm listening to my body now and my body says it would function better at a higher weight than my personal ideal. I still have aways to go before I reach my medical "ideal weight" but I'm a bit over halfway there. Amazing what five weeks can do to a person! 

Veganism is most definitely still working for me. I don't think I'll ever go back. I have no desire to go back! I'm at the point where I just think of what I want to eat for the next day and if I put it into my app, the calories, protein, fat, and carbs are all near my target. I don't have to plan and rework it for an hour like I did five weeks ago. I think that's progress! Eventually I'll be able to not even keep track of what I eat and I'll just do it intuitively!!! YAY!

I'm at this health food store called Huckleberries, sitting in their cafe bistro area. I love their juice bar!! Today I got "Captain Carrot" which is carrot, banana, pineapple, and cinnamon. SO YUMMY!!! I really need to finish my weekly grocery shopping and go home. I have to get up at 4am tomorrow and so I need to go to bed early. But I'm so comfortable and happy sitting here :) It's nice to feel happy and content.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on not going back to being a meat eater lol..I would love to be vegan but alas the bacon and chicken keep me stuck.
    It's good to listen to your body, wish more people could do that, the mind is a powerful thing and it leads us astray.
    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh doll, it's so nice to hear that you are being compassionate to yourself. I also went for a walk today, and while I wasn't running and panting and torturing my body, I actually noticed how many beautiful birds popped out to see me, almost like they were happy to see me slow down. Keep it up darling. I will too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore early morning walks too, I just barely ever get around to actually doing them. But I might again one of these days, you advertized it well lol so nice to hear you are doing well with veganism and that you are listening to your body. it inspires me to do the same, to not ignore what my body is telling me. love xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love huckleberries, I am a big fan of their veggie paradise juice with a shot of wheat grass in it. I'm glad to hear that being vegan is working for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is amazing what you can do in five weeks and you should be so proud of how far you have come!
    The weight gain is hell, im in the same boat as you at the moment and honestly watching your videos does make me feel less alone with it. How you feel about it is totally mirrored. I got hypnotised today, it was all centred around the food=fat feeling and that is ok to nurture and heal your body. To accept it and love it for everything it does and has done for you. Im in a much better place today because of my session. All i can say is keep up the amazing progress...you're awesome..and very beautiful :)
    love from across the pond xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wanted to stop by and tell you what an inspiration you are. I was also wondering if I could ask you a few questions. Whenever you have time, no pressure at all! My email is recoveryrachel27@gmail.com. If thats totally weird to ask you to email me, I totally understand. I just find you such a source of inspiration. I'm so proud of your progress, and I hope that I can make it to where you are some day!
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete