Saturday, January 14, 2012

Happy

I met up with Andi today and it was wonderful to talk with her and just be upfront, honest, and real. We talked about everything- when her eating disorder started, the ups and downs, telling her parents, getting help. I'm so proud of her. She is so brave and was facing it all alone for so long. I'm looking forward to hanging out with my friend more often and talking about what's really going on in our lives :)




THEN I went with my mom, grandma, and cousin Maddie to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D. Coincidentally, my sister's family and another family we're friends with, all came to see the same movie at the same time! We were able to sit together and took up an entire row. I sat in between my niece Noelle (age 3) and my cousin Maddie (age 6). I wish I could say I enjoyed the movie itself because Belle has always been my favorite Disney princess! However, I ended up eating some popcorn and had a panic attack the entire movie. I could not sit still! All I wanted was to get out of there, go home, and be alone.

enthralled by the cotton candy machine
My cousin Maddie, my grandma and I
Maddie, Noel, Addie, and Chloe








         










My grandma and cousin wanted to go to dinner at The Mustard Seed afterwards though...this new plan was a surprise to my mom as well and she immediately saw the anxiety rising in me. She suggested I could hang out at Barnes and Noble while they ate, but my grandma really wanted me to eat with everyone. Out of guilt, I agreed to eat dinner out, which I don't think I've done since my dad's birthday back in September. Ugh! It turned out ok. I had miso soup, cooked veggies, steamed shrimp, a couple crackers, and a fortune cookie. I wasn't going to eat all of that, just the soup and crackers, but my grandma ordered the veggies for "everyone" (she knew I'd eat them) and when I took one shrimp that was offered, she kept offering more. It was odd actually...my grandma has never treated me like someone with an eating disorder. She's never pushed food on me. This was the first time I felt like she was actually showing her concern for me.

We ended up running into this shop after dinner that had all these colorful headbands. We sort of went crazy and bought a BUNCH because they were on sale. We bought 18 headbands between the four of us! Six of those were for me :) My mom and I had fun taking pictures of us in our new headbands :)

I feel happy. I connected on a deeper level with a dearly loved friend, survived movie popcorn and eating out, and got some lovely headbands that I feel cute in. SUCCESS!






2 comments:

  1. I Love love love this! Be proud sweet girl! You should be and if not I am of and for you! I love your vlogs and truly love reading your blog now! Your friend is blessed to have you in her life and I just love seeing you living life ! Your family really loves you lots! Jalynn99

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can u do a blog about how u told it parents or how they found out. I'm struggling a/ that decision at the moment. And ur writing is really helpful 2 me. Thx and as always stay strong!

    ReplyDelete